Just a quick post today to tell you about a great recipe we tried yesterday.
There is only one photo.. we were too busy eating!
The recipe for Cupcake Pancakes from Mama B is so simple. It may be a good option for kids and dads to make on Sunday.
I made only two changes;
I used 5 duck eggs as they tend to be a wee bit bigger than hen eggs, but much richer.
Our cupcake pancakes needed 17 minutes in our regular oven (not convection).
Here is the recipe just in case you don't want to click through to Mama B's blog (her photos are lovely).
What you need:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 6 eggs (or 5 duck eggs)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- pinch of salt
- a little bit of Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease your muffin tins (I sprayed with veg. oil)
1. Mix all of your ingredients together. A blender works fabulously.
2. Pour the batter into greased muffin tins. Fill only about halfway.
3. Bake them for 17 minutes at 400 degrees, or until they are golden brown and puffy. Run a knife around the inside of the tin and let the cupcake pancakes cool for a few minutes.
4. Top them with whatever you fancy. We used thawed frozen berries and vanilla yogurt.
I am building up quite a wealth of ideas here on Pinterest.
Can I suggest printing this recipe out for your husband and/or kids. It is much better than cold half buttered toast!